I'm kinda superstitious. I've had this thing about THE NEW YEAR! I have to, I must come up with resolutions and I have to have them printed before 12am of 2006. I have done this since I can remember,...elementary school or something. The resolutions never really come true but it has become sort of a ritual,...a tradition, if you will. It has become just as manditory as the Christmas Tree in my life. (is that sad?) Anyway, I do it in hopes that they (my resolutions) manifest. I like to kick off the year with a positive outlook. My list is mostly ALWAYS the same......
1. Get closer to GOD (shoot for church EVERY Sunday and maybe Bible Study monthly)
2. Eat healthier, exercise more, lose weight
3. Gain control of the finances and start making my money work for me (pay EVERYTHING on time to better
4. Try to think & stategize before speaking (your words may be used against you)
5. Give Back - Voluteer
6. Visit the family in Atlanta at least once a month (family is important,i guess)
7. Take a trip out of the state or country once a year
8. Experience one thing that I would normally be closed to
(a food dish, a bar,a genre of music, hairstyle, event,etc.)
9.Try to divert drama and negative energy
(not letting the drama of others affect me)
10.Do something for self AT LEAST once a week
(buy something new (clothes, cds,etc.), read a book and learn something
about self, culture or heritage, go out to a lavish dinner with a friend,
new hair-do, a movie, massage, spa treatment, etc)
I guess it's that whole,..."Today is the first day of the rest of your life" kinda thing.
So,...what are your goals for the new year?
****by the way,...consider this my list for 2006*****