Tuesday, May 31, 2005

catch up

i have so much to share with you guys. i haven't had time for squat. the new job has me practically living at work. i have a sofa in my office and i hop on that bad boy.....sink down in it and i'm out. ( i know it's bad) but it's different when you like what you do and who you work for. i tell you,....even that 5am thing has been "tolerable" because i love this place. the boss is awesome and the co-workers are supportive and this company is the BOMB. i love it. maybe we are still on the honeymoon but i am totally milikin' it. and then, there is the x-job.......

you see, when you come from the places i worked prior to coming here.....you can totally appreciate this environment. it's like when good guys say...."women don't appreciate a good man, they want a bad boy." the thing is that we LOVE good guys.... sometimes, it takes a bad boy to make us appreciate the good guys. after knowing the alternative, GOOD GUYS ARE PERFECT.

you must know how i exited my last job. well, knowing all the crap i had to put up with....alot of people would have just walked off the job and been like...."adios muthafker!" but nooooo,.....not me, "the too nice" girl. i told her in person that i was giving notice. she asked if i were giving her at least 2 weeks. i t0ld her that the job started in a week so i asked if the 2 weeks could be waived. she said "no." so, i worked 2weeks and for on week,....i had 2 full time jobs.

anywaz,...the "middle class hater" (remember that?) says, "i've decided not to sign your release papers until you #1. Give me the pass code to your email account (not computer, but email) and #2. Give me a copy of all of your music industry/record company contacts.

you should have seen my face. we began to argue (because i had nothing to lose anymore). i told her, the last time i checked, the employee manual stated that in NOWAY should we EVER give the passcode to our email accounts under ANY circumstances and that my contacts were MINE.

she said, " you got those contacts while you worked for me, on my time! which makes them mine!"

i said, "are you crazy? i have been in radio for 10yrs and i worked for you....6 months! how you figure they're YOUR contacts?"

she started yelling at me,...." i want those contacts and i wont sign your clearance papers if you don't give them to me!"

***me thinking.......THIS BITCH IS CRAZY!!******

i said,.... YOU KNOW WHAT, IF YOU HOLD MY CHECK, YOU WILL HEAR FROM MY LAWYER,....SIMPLE AS THAT! I WILL NOT STAND HERE AND ARGUE WITH YOU.....I'M OUT!"

i left.

okay so here's the thing, it was easier to get on there. to exit.....i had to get over 20 signatures from people in different departments that had nothing to do with what i did, departments that i never had any dealings with. for instance.....i had to get the credit union to sign off when i didn't have an account. i had to get the library to sign off.....i never had a library card from them. (hell, since graduating from school and computers.....i haven't needed a library card)

i still had to get about 15 more signatures of dept. heads who NEVER spent time in their offices so I had to hunt them down. mind you, i'm still working my new job - crazy hours.

it was very stressfull.

so, i went back the next day to get the REST of the bazillion signatures. i ran into the ex-boss again and she was all like...."HI!!! HOW ARE YOU? DO YOU HAVE ALL THE SIGNATURES YOU NEED? LET ME HELP YOU. "

******now i am completely dumbfounded*******

she snatched my sheet and walked it to one of the offices with me and got it signed. she said, "so, you like your new job?"

*****me........this bitch is REALLY CRAZY!!!******

FINALLY,.....I GOT ALL SIGS....INCLUDING HERS. THEN I HAD TO GET SCHEDULED FOR AN EXIT INTERVIEW. (i know) i was thinking the same thing.

NOW,....I AM DONE. TODAY I SHALL PICK UP MY LAST CHECK AND THE RELATIONSHIP IS REALLY OVER!!!! song to celebrate.....GREENDAY-GOOD RIDDANCE (TIME OF YOUR LIFE) AND KELIS .....I HATE U SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!!UUUGGGHHH!

*****I INTERUPT THIS BITCH SESSION FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

did you see surreal life 4 reunion? jane looked amazing. adrian and peter brady are shacking and loving it. marcus is still hot and he flashed the chest (hubba hubba). mini me says he is now 3 weeks sober. chyna doll got rid of the zero and cleaned her act (i loved her anyway) and lastly....da brat.....still in denial. she says she is working on a new album and did the whole name drop thing but come on brat. after the way she has shown her ass and hurt people.....who's gonna buy her album. jane asked her if she like the way she was portrayed on camera and she said it was true to who she was. JANE WAS TRYING TO HELP U OUT DUMB-ASS! oh well, i think shes the least liked person on the series EVER! i bet u 5 dollars that people like/will like Omarosa over her. CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 5. DID YOU SEE THE PREVIEWS? YAE!!!


oh yeah,...inferno.......why is it that the good guys always take the punks way out? landon could have chosen ct or the midget abe. why do they do this? i miss coral!!! oh yeah, ct lost so many cool points. he's hot but he's a butt-munch.

okay,....i will check in later this week. gotta go pay some bills. (notice no pic of me in the profile? yeah, didn't pay the web site bill) HOLLA!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your former boss was the bitch of all bitches. Glad you're on to bigger and better things. And I saw the Surreal Life: Season 4 reunion special. Chyna really looked good. This makeover is a winner for her. Da Brat needs to get a fuckin' grip. She's an afterthought.

Jdid said...

oh man sounds liek you've been to hell and back. glad you survived!

Casey said...

I was starting to suffer from seperation anxiety being that it has been forever since you updated... but I know your working hard, and believe me we can tell. call me sometime... God Bless.. LATER

Luke Cage said...

What's up Supa Jazz? I liked what you said about the bad boys/good guys comparison. I'm always running that line. Both need eachother don't they? Talk about a whirlwind odyssey going from the old haunts to the new enjoyable digs. I guess in pretty much the same way, it's the same thing. Plus, I think you handled leaving the old company with great poise and dignity. Never burn your bridges luv.

Dayrell said...

i have so much more respect for chyna now. she looked great! cheers to her. :)

Diva said...

I'm happy to hear that THAT saga is behind you...on to bigger and better things. Speaking of, I can't wait until the next Surreal Life myself. Da Brat was straight wack and Chyna was crazy cool. Peter Brady and Adrianna or Adrienne or whatever the hell her name is...can't believe they hooked up. But she was so damn persistent, wasn't she? I liked that about her. Kisses lady!

Mary said...

I'm so glad you're outta there, funny the bitch tried to show a little bit of power there at the end. *eye roll*

I have to watch the Surreal life from the beginning next time, I can't wait to see Janice and Omarosa go at it. And when the hell does the new Project Runway start?!

EJ Flavors said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EJ Flavors said...

I'm glad you got outta there. And wait, are you here in the ATL? Thought you were in Albany.... you mean I missed you?!

Drea Inspired said...

Whew! Wow, Diva. I gotta hand it to you cuz I probably would have assaulted that heifer. I was having a conversation with some co-workers today about how I'm a pretty quiet (some may even say sweet) person, but if someone makes me mad....man, if they want it with me, there is NO WAY I'm backing down from a fight.

I'm glad you made it through the whole ordeal and on to better things. Good riddance will be my theme song for graduating in December. LOL!

You just keep stompin', DIVA!!

C.R.C. said...

Congrats on your new job and getting the hell out of your old one!!! It sounds like going through all the crap with the other places paid off with your new gig :)

courtney said...

okay see, if i nicely walked in and put in my notice and told her i was leaving in a week and she said she needed two? i would have said MAKE it two...i'm GIVING you ONE. lol....urg, i think i woulda just walked out instead of submitting the two weeks...but hey, it would be good to leave nicely for the referral on the resume.

G. Cornelius said...

Exboos is bipolar on the real...I'm glad that you posted...I missed you...I'll keep you posted

muffins gone WILD! said...

it's just not right that you are THAT busy.. too busy to post. i need consistent updates! lol

chrome said...

yeah I like that. people trying to thief golden contacts must get told. hope u loving the new job.

remember what they say about bad boys? bad boys move in silence. glad i'm not one (hmmmm not if others have a say in it)

courtney said...

*tapping fingers*

I want an update.... :P

Toya said...

thats is BOGUS how ya ex-boss acted...smh, well at least God blessed you with a better job, one that you enjoy....i never watched the "surreal life"...as for the inferno...i was able to catch up on ALL the episodes on my mama's Comcast On-Demand....which was cool....i REALLy cant stand Veronia, Rachel, and that other chick Tina....UGHHH and Tina needs to be slapped...she be trying to act like she got attitude and like she's hard or something...i want the good guys to win! i hope you're week is going ok tho...try to get some rest when you can...

Apocalypse said...

congrats on the new gig! You are in Atlanta now?

Anonymous said...

*Staring at screen wishing a certain blogger would update soon* Reading everybody else's comments--all cabillion of them. *Giving up and placing on calendar to come back another day.*

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are a much better person than I am, because I would have given her one week's notice and called it a day. Good thing you got away though. Good luck with the new job.