Thursday, November 18, 2004

BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

Okay so ANYWAY,... After all the WE ARE GOING ROCK drama,....I was good and PISSED,......WITH MYSELF!!! F*CK ME FOR NOT HAVING A PLAN B! F*CK ME, FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL THEM TO KISS MY SWEET BLACK ASS!!

I had to suck it up and continue working there. They even had me training my replacement. I began to plot my escape. I got a part-time job a Blockbuster Music.(remember those stores which were born from TURTLES and before RECORD BAR?) Fell in love with the record store. I loved interacting with the public and learning about new music, genres, etc. I was finally ready to quit. BUT WAIT!!! One beautiful day when I was opening the record store, This guy walks in and asks if I am Jazzmine Phoenixx and I say yes. He then says, "BOY HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU!!" I say, "Do tell!" He offers me a job with the company I am employed by now. They thought so much of me that they wanted me to be the first person they hired. I jumped at the chance.(while still doing double duty, working for the radio station (evil empire) and blockbuster music) I quit the evil empire and began learning about this new station with this new format. THE EVIL EMPIRE STRIKES BACK AND SUES ME FOR MOVING TO THE COMPETITOR. It was bad. But like I said, "GOD TAKES CARE OF HIS KIDS!"

Six months later, I was allowed on the air. I was definitely seeking vengance and I WON. The EVIL EMPIRE was destroyed and sold their stations. Six years later, I am being faced with a similar situation. After winning awards and bringing the ratings FUNK,...My company want to try me out on the HipHop Station. No offense guys, IT AIN'T ME!! TOO GHETTO! CAN'T TAKE IT!!! So my friends,...If you know me,...you know,....I must learn from situations. About six months ago, I got a pt job at the University then I purchased a car while my job was still my credit. I was offered a full time position with the University and today,...I shall turn in my notice. WISH ME LUCK!

4 comments:

G. Cornelius said...

Good Luck Jazz!
I'll keep you posted

sj-the-infamous said...

Girlfriend, it is SO the time....

I wish you much success. Two quotes that have struck me at a similar time that I leave for you:

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience -- Eleanor Roosevelt

and...

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity -- unknown

You have all the luck in the world. I wish you the best!

Peace and Blessings ~ sj

Jdid said...

Good luck! Things seem to fall in place for you thankfully so just go with it. Lil Jon radio? i've got chills just thinking about it. scarrry !

Casey said...

Jazz, I am proud that you are able to leave that crap that you were dealing with.... they don't know what they are gonna be missing out on... I wish you grace and peace and I know you are gonna shine with whatever God has planned for you!! Shine like a star Baby!! Love ya..