Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'M FEELIN THIS


A WHILE BACK (LIKE ALMOST A YEAR IT SEEMS), I WAS SHOPPING LATE NIGHT AT WALLY WORLD,...U KNOW, LIKE 3AM WHEN THERE IS NO TRAFFIC, NO DRAMA, NO CONGESTION....THE WAY I LOVE TO SHOP. ANYWAZ....I WALKED THROUGH THE ELECTRONICS SECTION TO CHECK OUT OLD MOVIES AND AS USUAL....IT WAS A TOTAL GHETTO SCENE WITH PEOPLE BLASTING THE STEREOS LIKE IT WAS CLUB WALLY WORLD. THERE WAS THIS SONG THAT CAME ON AS I SHOPPED AND STOPPED ME DEAD IN MY TRACKS. THE MUSIC SOUNDED LIKE SOME OLD EARTH WIND & FIRE AND THE GUYS VOICE SOUNDED ALOT LIKE D'ANGELO. I THOUGHT...."OMG!!! THAT'S THE SH*T!" I HAD NO CLUE AS TO WHO IT WAS. CALLED THE STATION IMMEDIATELY BUT.....IT WAS 3AM.....AUTOMATION! NO ONE WAS THERE. I DOCUMENTED THE DAY AND TIME THE SONG PLAYED AND CALLED THE STATION THE NEXT DAY DURING BUSINESS HOURS AND THE MUSIC & PROGRAM DIRECTORS HAD NO CLUE.



DAM!! DAM!! DAM!!! SIGH.......



THEN, ONE DAY IN THE BLOGSPHERE WHEN I WAS STILL A NEWBIE AND I USED TO GAWK ALOT BECAUSE THE LIVES OF OTHERS WAS SO FASCINATING TO ME. I CHECKED OUT THE BLOG OF X. THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THE AIR BECAUSE SHE WAS FEELIN THIS NEW SONG BY THIS DUDE NAMED RAHEEM DEVAUGHN. I NEVER REALLY DO THIS BECAUSE IT COULD BE A VIRUS OR SOMETHING....I DON'T KNOW, BUT I CLICKED THE LINK AND SCREAMED TO THE TOP OF MY LUNGS....."OMG!!!! THIS IS THE SONG!!!!!" NOW, I HAD A NAME TO PUT WITH THE SONG. I CALLED MY BUDDY AT THE STATION THE NEXT DAY AND HE WAS ALL LIKE...."OH, I KNOW WHAT SONG U TALKIN' BOUT! WANT ME TO SEND U THE MP3?" I SAID,...."HELL, YEAH!!!"



I BURNED A CD SINGLE AND LISTENED TO THE SONG REPEATEDLY,.....EVERYDAY.....TO AND FROM MY TRIPS TO ATL....AT THE DESK....IN THE CAR....IN THE BEDROOM....NON-STOP! HELL, IT'S EVEN A RINGTONE ON MY PHONE.



ANYWAZ....I GOOGLE THE HELL OUT OF THIS DUDE AND FIND THE HOME PAGE AND THERE WAS NO RELEASE DATE FOR THE LONGEST TIME. I WONDERED WHAT IN THE HELL WAS WRONG. THE RECORD COMPANY IS F*CKING UP BECAUSE THIS HAS "BLOW-UP!" POTENTIAL. STILL.....NOTHING.



FINALLY....I'M CHECKING OUT THE SUNDAY PAPER....NOT FOR NEWS, BUT FOR THE SALES AND FLIP TO CIRCUIT CITY AND WHAT DID I SEE? DANG SKIPPY.....RAHEEM DEVAUGHN'S ALBUM RELEASE!!! OMG!!!!



THE CD IS EVERYTHING I WISHED IT WOULD BE. IN THE ABSCENCE OF OUR BELOVED CRACKED OUT D'ANGELO....RAHEEM HAS ARRIVED. SOME WOULD NEVER COMPARE THE TWO AND THAT'S FINE. I'M JUST HAPPY HE'S HERE MAKING THE MUSIC HE DOES. IT'S NEO-SOULLY, SEXY WITH A SPLASH OF FUNK. HE'S D'ANGELO, MAXWELL, DWELE AND A LITTLE RAPHAEL SAADIQ WITH SPRINKLES OF PRINCE. THIS CD IS BRILLIANT AND I AM TOTALLY FEELIN' IT.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com RAHEEM DEVAUGHN'S NEW CD IS HOT.

I JUST GOT THE NEW ANTHONY HAMILTON AND COLDPLAY CDS...CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK EM OUT. WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN JAMMIN' TO LATELY?

PS....THANKS FOR THE B-DAY SHOT OUTS. I PARTIED TOO HARD TO BE AS OLD AS I AM. PICS FROM THE B-DAY AND FAMILY REUNION FROM HELL ARE COMING THIS WEEKEND. MISS U GUYS.

24 comments:

Meadow said...

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check that out. As for me, I've had my head buried in my own music so no scoops here ... yet.

Casey said...

I don't know why, but here lately I have gotten into some slower "lighter" music. I recently got a Michael Bolten CD. It is somewhat relaxing. Constant plays in my changer are Celine, Maroon 5, Rascal Flatts, just to name a few.

I have also went to listening to some 80's music, never had an interest before until now, so who knows.

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I think he was on the Drumline soundtrack. I will definitely check him out, thanks!

I was thinking about getting the new Coldplay, but I wanted to preview it first. Mint Condition's new album is wonderful and Lizz Wright is such a incredible talent, I am blown away by her.

Fresh said...

Some of his stuff is really nice. HoneySoul has a whole radio.blog on him (hopefully it is still up) and she introduced me to his style.

Anonymous said...

I most definitely have to check dude out. The new Coldplay is pretty good, and there's a bonus on it, that I didn't see on the case (Kingdom Come).

I'm still, however, more a fan of the last. But you know how that goes. I keep bumping the new one and it'll grow on me, too. LOL Speed of Sound and Fix You are 2 of my favs on the new one.

Oh, don't tell anybody I wrote any of this, k? It could ruin my brown reputation, since I self-revoked my black card. LOL

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to admit that I have heard MANY good things about him, but have yet to hear his music. Now I really need to when I get home..

Jdid said...

never heard of this guy but will check him out

Dayrell said...

Yea jazz, Raheem is what's IT! Love 'em! He sure is destined to do big things.

EJ Flavors said...

I got Raheem, Lina, Anthony Hamilton and Esthero and been bumpin' em. Good stuff.

Luke Cage said...

Hey SupaJazz. It's been a minute dear. Hope that you are enjoying your holiday weekend. Have a happy 4th of July.

..Sue...Zette... said...

I've been jammin...Vivian Green's new joint, Lizz Wright, Mint Condition, and some of my favorite oldies but goodies...

princessdominique said...

Hey Jazz! Miss your blog!

Mia said...

hey...have you checked out Leela James as well. She is amazing!! I will definitely pay this dude some attention. Are you really a Disc Jockey? What a fun job. I have always dreamed of being a DJ!!!

courtney said...

im SLACKIN...i need to just go buy his CD and stop playin around....i've had it on my ipod for months, but havent played them all the way through...

muffins gone WILD! said...

*waving* hey jazz!!!

Drea Inspired said...

I mos def have to check it out!

Toya said...

hellooooooooooo! where are you?!?!?

Chops said...

I'll definitely check him out. Sounds exciting! I've been listening to Sunny Hawkins CD! It's sooooooooooooooo great! Check her out online (http://www.sunnyhawkins.com/Index%201.htm)

Come visit the songbirds and take our poll!

Blessings!
Lambchop (Chops)~

Meka said...

"THE MUSIC SOUNDED LIKE SOME OLD EARTH WIND & FIRE AND THE GUYS VOICE SOUNDED ALOT LIKE D'ANGELO"

That sounds like something I would defintely listen to. Thanks for the tip. Good post!

Anonymous said...

Was that the Wal Mart in Lithonia???:) I have had similar experiences. The stock guys had the music on 10 and were wilding. It was ghetto but funny at the same time. Me and my husband laughed and went on our way.

princessdominique said...

Come back Jazz.

Jazz said...

WTF!!! OK,....OFFICIALLY,....I'M BACK!!!!!

My Shoes said...

thanks for the tip. i will be checking this out.

Admin said...

Great page! Excellent points! Hope I can get away from my free virgin mobile ringtone long enough to come back again! Keep up the great work!
free virgin mobile ringtone